A delicious recipe, simple to make and high in omega 6 fats
What you need:
- 2 large avocados
- 4 small eggs
- 4 rashers of unsmoked bacon
- Pepper to taste
- 50g grated cheddar cheese (optional)
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF) gas mark 6
- Removed the rind from the bacon and snip it into small pieces using scissors. Dry fry for 5 -10 minutes in a small pan until the pieces are nice and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Half the avocados and remove the stones. Rest the half pieces in a muffin/Yorkshire pudding tin, or and oven proof dish that keeps them upright.
- Break a small egg into the centre of each avocado. Sprinkle on the bacon pieces, pepper.
- Top with grated cheese if you are using it.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is cooked (longer if you prefer the yoke firm)
- Serve with fresh salad and a slice of multigrain bread