A great tasting, healthy family meal in minutes………..
This delicious family meal can be prepared in less than half an hour: perfect for a busy week day when time is short. It is a great source of iron and without the trouble of calories from the equivalent Chinese takeaway.
Calories Saved: 230 (compared to a similar Chinese takeaway meal portion 200g
- 200g fresh beef, cut into thin strips
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ head broccoli, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely and crushed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn flour blended in 100ml water
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the slices of beef with the soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper and set aside.
- Put the broccoli pieces into a microwave container with about a tablespoon of water, cover with cling film and microwave on high for about 1-2 minutes (depending on the strength) until the broccoli softens a little.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a wok and add the garlic and onion, cooking until it just turns brown. Drain any remaining water from the broccoli and add to the stir fry and cook until it starts changing colour.
- Add the beef and continue to cook the ingredients, keeping them moving in the hot wok.
- When the beef is almost cooked, add the corn flour mixture and stir until the sauce thickens. Add the black bean sauce and cook on high for a further minute. Serve with basmati rice.
Download beef and broccoli stir fry pdf here