A really simple and fresh sauce to use with your favorite stir fry ingredients
This is a really healthy alternative to some of the cook in stir fry sauces you can buy – 36% lower in salt content than the average on the shelf – and so fresh and versitle, in can be used with almost any combination of vegetables, or strips of meat/poultry.
What you need:
- 5cm fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large fresh red chilli
- 4 tablespoons light soya sauce
- I fresh lime
What to do:
- Peel and finely chop the fresh ginger and garlic cloves
- Finely chop the chilli and put it in a bowel with the garlic and ginger
- Grate the rind of the lime into this and add the juice.
- Stir in about 4 tablespoons of the soy sauce and your sauce is ready to use!
Quickly heat a mixture of favourite vegetables in a wok. Add in thinly sliced strips of chicken/beef if using and cook for a few minutes. Add your stir fry sauce towards the end of cooking for a delicious fresh tasting stir fry. Toss in some quick cook noodles before serving for a meal in minutes!
Tip: Really short on time? Try tubes of garlic/chili and ginger instead of fresh for a really fast alternative to your sauce!