World mental health Day is the 10th October – here’s some Dietwise tips to help you stay on top of moods…
Good Food and Mood
Nutritious tips to keep you on top
- Make changes to your diet and lifestyle slowly
- Include oily fish in your diet at least 2-3 x week
- Get plenty of Vitamin B’s – eat fresh fruit and vegetables, wholegrains low fat dairy products and lean meat and fish.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Drink at least 6-8 cup fluid daily.
- Choose lean meat, oily fish and low fat dairy foods.
- Make sure you eat small and regularly. Don’t skip meals.
- Try to avoid too much sugar.
- Choose wholegrain cereals, and grains wherever possible
- Try to be active for at least 30 minutes 5 days of the week