Last week (10th – 16th June) was Men’s Health Week. Men are supposedly obsessed with numbers but when it comes to our own health, there are quite a few we don’t know. Men’s Health Week 2019 takes up the challenge of correcting this.
Men’s Health Forum identify 7 key numbers for men:
- 37 – a waist size of 37 inches or above puts you at increased of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- 150 – men should aim for 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week.
- 5 – we should aim to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
- 14 – maximum 14 units of alcohol a week.
- 10 – cigarette smokers die 10 years younger on average than non-smokers.
- 120/80 – normal blood pressure.
- 75 – 75% of suicides (3 out of 4) are by men.
Check out Men’s Health Forum website for more information, tips and try out their quiz.