Very quick and prepared the night before – healthy breakfast oats to make your mouth water!
Not only are these breakfast oats easy to prepare and delicious, they are so cheap too! Try some of the alternative recipes I have suggested, or switch the ingredients to suit your taste – you will be hooked on oats, I promise!
What you need:
- 50g (½ glass) rolled oats
- 120ml (½ glass) semi skimmed milk
- 50g (small handful) chopped fresh seedless grapes
- 125ml (one pot) low fat natural yoghurt or low fat greek yoghurt
- 1g or ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5g or 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (try artificial sweetener if you prefer)
What to do:
Add all your ingredients to a jar. You can either stir gently and then add a lid, or layer the ingredients, starting with the oats and milk, then fruit and flavourings and topped with the yoghurt. . Leave overnight in the fridge and enjoy cold the next morning!
Try swapping the grapes, walnuts and cinnamon for a few of these combinations:
- 2 tablespoons frozen fruit of our choice (raspberries, blueberries, redcurrents), 2 teaspoons lemon juice and lemon zest
- Tablespoon of apple sauce and teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 small mashed banana and 2 teaspoons low calorie hot chocolate powder stirred into yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons pureed tinned peaches and 25g flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons frozen mixed fruit and 1 teaspoon chia seeds mixed into the oats and milk.