A delicious and simple meal, quick to make and high in essential fatty acids
3 pre cooked smoked salmon fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
2 courgettes washed and sliced thinly
1 red pepper, washed and sliced
1 yellow pepper, washed and sliced
1 red onion, pealed and sliced
1 clove garlic, pealed and chopped finely
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 packets of roast vegetable flavoured cous cous
2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
1 tablespoon of ground linseed (optional)
- Boil the kettle and follow the instructions on the cous cous as to how much to add to the grains. Stir in the lemon juice and linseed if you are using. Set aside to soak.
- Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and onion and cook until tender.
- Add in the sliced courgette to the pan, and gently cook, turning the slices so that they brown on both sides.
- Add the red and yellow pepper to the pan and gently continue to cook the vegetables until they soften and brown.
- Fold in the salmon pieced and cook with the vegetables until it is warmed through.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the soaked cous cous, toss the ingredients to make a beautiful, colourful and healthy jumble. Enjoy hot!