Accuracy and clinical risk
All information on the Dietwise website is up to date and correct at the time this site was revised (2018).
The clinical information contained on the site is not intended to be a substitute for detailed discussion with your doctor, surgeon or other clinician who is supporting you on a one to one.
All original materials and images copyright to Dietwise.
This statement sets out Dietwise’s policies relating to the collection and use of your personal information. We understand that the privacy of your personal details, and the security of your transactions with us, is important to you. Dietwise has therefore adopted this policy to protect your privacy and security. Unless you give us explicit consent to act otherwise, the following policy will govern how Dietwise handles your personal information and safeguards your privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please feel free to contact dietwise: Tel 07928248727 firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your personal information is important to us
2. Collecting information about you
3. Using and disclosing your personal information
4. “SPAM” (promotional material)
5. Storage and security of your personal information
6. Unsubscribing, accurate information, problems and questions
8. Further information on privacy
1. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO US
- COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
In order to respond to inquiries personally, we request information such as your name, and email address. Dietwise understands your concerns about privacy, and takes every measure to ensure that your personal information is kept private, and used only for reasons relating to your interest in dietwise.co.uk.
When you make purchases from Dietwise on any device, via this Website) we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name, age and sex;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), fax and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities; and
- your date of birth
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website, including when you sign up to receive Dietwise newsletters. We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
E-mail, newsletter preferences and text alerts
Dietwise only uses website hosting providers, email, texting and cloud services that are GDPR compliant and offer the confidentially and security required. We also provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters, or to change the types of e-mail newsletters you receive, through our newsletter preference link which is accessible by clicking here.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Third party sites
- USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Dietwise will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent.
We do not give any of your personal information to advertisers or any other organisation without your express consent.
- “SPAM” (PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL)
Targeted updates and marketing
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. We do this by monitoring the browsing and online shopping habits of customers and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
We will not send you “spam” (unsolicited advertising information). Nor will we send you any promotional information without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. If you are receiving promotional information about Dietwise or other opportunities offered by Dietwise and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails you receive. This will remove you instantly from our mailing list, and you will not receive further email correspondence from us.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Dietwise is governed by strict confidentiality rules laid out by the Health Care Profession Council, for your reassurance and privacy. The company also voluntary subscribes to Information Commisioners Office (ICO) and is proud to adhere to GDPR standards (May 2018), governing data protection in the UK. Dietwise will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date:
- Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
- The information entered in the forms on the site are automatically encrypted to protect your personal information.
- Our contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Dietwise.
- Dietwise has antivirus software installed to limit the possibility of hacking and breaches of information. However, Dietwise cannot be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- All written records are kept locked and stored in accordance with HCPC regulation
- Emails and attachments containing clinical and personal details will always be password protected and encrypted
- UNSUBSCRIBING, ACCURATE INFORMATION, PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that you have previously agreed to, at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.
In order to ensure information kept is accurate, Dietwise will review subscriptions to newsletters and email updates every 6 months. As part of this process you will be asked to resubscribe to the newsletter and update the information that we hold on you, in accordance with GDPR (2018) standards of best practice. This will also present an opportunity for you to unsubscribe to the newsletters and emails we send.
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Dietwise.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To drive Dietwise marketing, particularly banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Dietwise to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
- FURTHER INFORMATION ON PRIVACY