If you are trying to keep your waistline in trim over Christmas then attending buffets and parties may feel like an endless stream of challenges. If you are worrying how to cope, here’s 7 simple and effective Dietwise tips to help you.. …….
- Don’t arrive too hungry – eat a small healthy snack before leaving, to help you avoid overindulging you are once there.
- Take a full tour of the table before you fill your plate – try to circle it twice before you choose. Check out the healthiest options and plate these first.
- Remember, the first 3 items you eat are most likely to be the most – choose them wisely
- Choose to stand or sit away from the table – you will be less likely to give into temptation or mindlessly nibble while chatting.
- Eat from the dessert plate – fool yourself into thinking you are eating more
- Take a bottle of sparkling water to your host and use this to top up any alcoholic drinks you have – it will help keep ‘liquid calories’ down.
- Eat mindfully – enjoy every bit to its maximum. Really think about the taste sensations and the pleasure of eating. Notice when you are feeling satisfied and feel contented to stop.